You guys, it’s Christmas. Things I wish I had for you:
- Photos of a Christmas tree that we decorated all beautifully in our tiny apartment. Saw one the other day with mini bottles of alkeehol as ornaments. But, alas, we don’t have a tree.
- Beautifully decorated cookies and chocolate-covered pretzel sticks and fancy dinner parties with eggnog.
- Photos of me in a dark green sweater dress with red leggings and nude heels looking glamorous.
Ok, but I live in the real world, and Christmas Season (aka the month of December) is this kind of crazy time where you eat way too much and everyone’s super busy. This week I have two Christmas-y parties in the same day. And dishes to wash, laundry to do, D&D to play, the gym to visit, work, books to read. This is the real world, and not the world you think Adulthood will be when you get there. (On an unrelated note, if I remember, I will take pictures at the fancy dinner parties we attend this weekend and the baked goods we assemble. The only pic really missing will be the green sweater dress and the Christmas tree, and you can make the former happening by sending me this. And this. And this.)
A list of my Christmas favorites:
- Giving people presents I believe in
- Giving people poorly handmade presents
- Seeing my family
- Being in Mobile for the first time in 2012 — a record
- The song “Greensleeves” / “What Child is This”
- Cold-night snuggles with C-baby
- Fuzzy socks
- The inevitable PJ set SOMEONE is going to buy me